Monday, January 21, 2013

Flash Forward to 2013

So basically it has been a long time since I have posted anything and I can't help but feel I left all my thousands of readers in THE longest nail biting, suspenseful, cliff-hanger of all time! haha

Moving to Hawaii was a complete bust... Okay just kidding it was awesome!  For the first month I lived on the Big Island, aka Hawaii.  I lived in Hilo in this little apartment that was very small.  Luckily I only had one roommate.  The apartment did come completely furnished, with dishes, towels, bedding, tiny lizards (live), and a small family of cockroaches (now even smaller).   Oh and most places in Hawaii don't have air conditioning, so of course neither did we.  Living in Hilo was an experience, I don't think I would ever really want to live there again, but I would go visit.  It was very small, nice people though.  For the month of May life was good, minus the mornings I would be the first to turn on the bathroom light and find a large cockroach in the middle of the floor.  I will never forget those mornings and our technicians who lived on the floor below us always knew when we were up cause they could hear us screaming.  It wasn't much to complain about, living in Hawaii, just graduated college, and the sales were flowing.  Actually that month was my best month I've ever had, sales wise.




The next month I moved to Maui.  My living situation improved drastically, still furnished, with out the lizards and cockroaches, and now we had a small air conditioning unit!  We lived in Kihei, about 15 min. from Big Beach.  Sales slowly tapered off and I found myself getting a little island fever.  I must admit I do miss going to the beach every morning before heading to work.  After living on Maui for 3 months it was just time to get the heck off that rock!  I remember the day we left.  Madeline, my roommate, and I decided to better our chances at hitting our sales goals by going to south Texas a week early.  That morning we left we were just taking our sweet time knowing that the Maui airport was extremely small.  We had a layover in Seattle and planned to stay at Madee's parents' house.  Well little did we know that the whole island was going to be there that morning and the security line was outrageously long.  Yes, it took forever, and yes we ended up missing our flight.  We ended up having to run to the furthest gate and had to go through another security check where I was randomly selected to have a radiation test, and by the time we got there they were literally giving our tickets to 2 stand by passengers.




We finally ended up making it to Mission Texas and we were greeted with this lovely sign from the universe, Vivint's commercial playing as we were walking to baggage claim.  South Texas was extremely hot.  By that time I was so burned out from working all summer that it was extremely hard to get out of the car in the 100+ degree weather.  So Madee and I decided to do other things to keep us occupied.  We decided to make an awesome kick A music video!!!!!!


South Texas ended up being super fun, not a lot of security systems were sold, but you win some and you lose some.  I would consider that a win.






Fast forward the next 8 months, I moved back to Utah, worked at Beaches (tanning salon), and had some laughs and maybe even a few cries.  Oh and I quite possibly lived with the most hilarious best friends of mine ever!!!!  (I have no idea why I have not even one photo of sweet Nichole)


 They also gifted me this amazing pillow pet!!!!



Then in April I moved to sweet sweet Dallas Texas.  Dallas started off with our regular shenanigans.  Yes that is a mattress fort, and yes we slept in it every night, and yes it was called the vortex because it would just suck you in with its trickery of comfort and it took everything in your power to get out of it.



Sales were pretty good for 2 months, then.... well lets just say one thing led to the next and now what's done is done and what happened, happened.  Now it is what it is... until you find out what it really is, then is it really what it is???... haha

Now I am just living the sweet dream of Security Sales in Dallas Texas in a kick A apartment right downtown, with a new best friend who is absolutely amazing!  I might even say I am lost without him... no literally if he isn't riding with me in the car I still get lost even though I have lived here for about 10 months now.


And that is pretty much my last 2 almost 3 years in a nutshell!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is quite the nutshell! So glad that you are back to blogging! And it is okay to get lost a lot, I still do in Utah. Love you!

    ReplyDelete